My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, February 3, 2020

Party Poopers Birthday Card adn a Fishy Envelope

Hi Everyone!
Today I have a card to show you.
Recently a mom in a group I'm in on Facebook
posted that he twins are turning 6 yrs old and that they
love opening mail.  She asked if anyone would be
willing to send them cards for their birthday, just so they
would have them to open from the mail.
Being a card maker, I was happy to help out.
This is the card I made for her little guy.
The background piece was made with alcohol inks 
I thought it was a great background for a celebration.
The dogs are Party Poopers
I stamped the image with 
and colored them with colored pencils.
I fussy cut the image and adhered it to the background
with foam tape to give it a little dimension.
I stamped the Celebrate with an alpha stamp set
from my stash, I have no idea what company they are from.
I then fussy cut around it to make a banner shape.
The whole thing was then adhered to a white card base.
Inside I simply stamped "Happy Birthday"
I made the envelope with my
and decided to decorate it.
I stamped the fish onto the envelope, then stamped them 
onto scrap paper and fussy cut them to make a mask.
I put the mask over the fish (Sm Fat Fish & Lg Fat Fish)
and used Distress Inks to 
apply the 'water' to the envelope.
After taking the masks off the fish I colored them with 
colored pencils.
I covered the colored areas with 
which is a glaze that makes it water resistant, 
so the inks and coloring won't be ruined if they get wet.
I think the little guy will get a kick out of receiving 
this in the mail.

Thanks for spending time with me today,
I hope you have enjoyed it here at
Kristie Kreates 
and will come again soon.
Next up, the card I made for the other twin.




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: