My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, July 17, 2020

Dress for Father's Day


Happy Day to y'all!
For Mother's Day one of the gifts my kids gave me was
yarn and a pattern to crochet a dress for my granddaughter.
Unfortunately, I didn't get it right on Mother's Day.
With the pandemic, we weren't seeing the kids much, but 
finally I got the yarn and pattern.
I worked up this dress in just one evening.  It's a pretty easy
pattern and I gave it to Jaryd for Father's Day.
This is my fabulous granddaughter, Marie, in her
new dress and head band.  The pattern calls for a 
sort of waist band, but I thought it would be a bit
bulky and warm, so I chose to make the flower and 
add that to the front instead.
Here's the funny thing, the kids surely didn't know much
about crocheting and how much yarn would be needed.
They bought me 4 skeins of yarn to make this dress.
The dress took exactly one skein.
Guess I'll be making something else for our little one.
I'm thinking a little cardigan to match might be nice
for cooler nights.

Thanks for stopping in today and spending time
seeing what I've been up to.
Come again soon,
until then:
Happy Crafting!

No comments: