My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

First Time Pasta

Hello fans!
You never know what you'll find on 
Kristie Kreates!
Today I'm telling you about my adventure
into pasta making.
I've never made my own pasta before and I've
been told it's pretty easy to do,
so I decided that I was going to give it a try.
I checked out some recipes online and picked the
one that was the simplest.
Following the instructions I mixed it up
then I wrapped it to rest for a while, while
I got the other ingredients ready for 
Carbonara.
I don't have a pasta roller, but I figured I'd just roll
it out with my rolling pin.  That was a real work out,
let me tell ya, not an easy task.
Once I had 1/4 of it rolled out,
I rolled it up and cut it.
I later realized it's even easier to fold it and
cut it into strips.
Then I unrolled it and "fluffed" it up,
ready to cool.
Here's all my pasta, ready to cook.
It did take a little longer than it should have,
but I realized that this was because it was still
too thick.  I should have rolled it out even thinner
than I did.
This isn't the best picture,
I know it looks messy, but this is what was 
left after 3 of us served ourselves.
That one recipe sure makes a lot of pasta.
It was agreed all around, that the flavor was good,
but it was too thick, which I believe is why it was a little
tough.  But as far as Pasta Carbonara goes
it was pretty darn flavorful.
I will definitely be giving home made pasta a
try again.  I don't have a pasta roller, but I do have a 
clay roller in my craft room that is still in the box,
never been used and I may give that a try and see how
it works.  I also think I may add some other flavors to the
pasta, perhaps some garlic and S&P to start.
Thanks for popping in to see what I've been up to!
Have you ever made your own pasta?
It's a work out, but it's fun, you should give it a try.
Just remember, if you think it's rolled thin enough,
roll it out some more.
See you next time!

No comments: