My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Paint Your Own Pottery, back at it.

Hello and Welcome!
Many years ago I worked at a couple paint your own pottery
studios, basically a ceramics shop, and I loved painting
and creating there. Unfortunately, they closed.
Last week my daughter in law, Sara, invited us to
go to Clay Hands Pottery to paint.
Grandpa held and played with Marie and Sara
and I painted.
This is a switch plate that I made for 
Jaryd a long time ago, when his bedroom was
filled with Mickey stuff.  Now it's in
the kitchen of their apartment.
Sara painted this piece.  I think it turned out
adorable.  It was her first time painting too.
3 of us had a hand, or foot as the case may be,
in this piece.  Marie was asleep in Grandpa arms,
so we took advantage of that and painted her feet,
then pressed them to the plate.
Sara painted the faces and hair on,
wrote the words in pencil, then I painted the
words and we both worked on the rest of it.
Love how it turned out!
Now both pieces are in their apartment for Halloween.
Since one of the things in Marie's room is
the cute little Marie from Aristocats,
I painted this switch plate for her room.
Not perfect, but for having no plans to paint it
when I went, I think it came out pretty cute.
And Marie seems to like it too.
As is my usual practice, on the back of the piece,
I painted my lips and kissed it, so there is a print of my lips
on the back of the switch plate.  I also signed it and dated
it for her.
And here it is up on the wall in her room.
We had so much fun doing the painting,
that we're going back to have a little birthday
party for Sara and me.
We both celebrate birthdays in November.
Now to just decide what to paint when we go back.

Thanks for stopping by today,
come gain soon.
Until then,
try something you haven't done in a long time.



 

No comments: