My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, August 25, 2023

Swap Tag and Card

Hello and welcome!
I'm in a small online group of friends who
are doing swaps.
For the month of August, the theme was
"All that glitters"
I could make whatever I wanted to make.
Usually they are ATCs, tags or cards.
This month I chose to make a tag for my friend
Becky.
I cut a mask and stencil from 
I first put down the mask of the lady and
ink blended around her.
Then I removed the mask and put the stencil
down, so only the lady was showing.
I used a VersaMark pen to "color" in the
hair and dress areas and applied 
to those areas.
For the face and arms I used colored pencils 
to get a skin tone.
"Just be fabulous"
 was printed with my 
label maker on clear label tape.
I wish the glitter of it showed up better in the picture.
I really enjoyed making this tag.
I always like to send a hand made card along with my 
swap, so I made this card.
I wanted it to go along with the theme of the swap, so I used
silver reactive foil. When some of the alcohol ink was 
still a bit damp I laid down the foil, gave it a good
rub and then pulled it up, leaving random areas
of silver foil behind.
The alcohol ink and foil were done on vellum,
then it was layered onto a shimmery silver card stock
and finally onto pink and a white card base.
I was very happy with the card and tag alike
and Becky said it made her day 
when she received them.

I'm so glad you have stopped in today to see what
I've been creating.
I hope you have been inspired in some way and
will come again soon.
Until then,
glitter something up.






Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.








 

No comments: