My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Inspired by Kristina Werner

Hello!  Hope you are having a beautiful day!
Today I have 2 cards to show you,
they were inspired by 
Kristina is one of my favorite bloggers and artists.
If you haven't discovered her yet, be sure to pop over
and check out her blog, she's really quite wonderful.
Now I have to start by saying that I goofed up both my cards.
This first one I adhered the vellum in the wrong spot for 
the style I was going for, but that's not really a problem,
because I love the way it turned out.
Kristina use a background stamp on her card, but 
I didn't have one large enough with me at the time,
so I used a patterned paper.
You can barely see the patterned paper in the pictures,
but in real life you can see it.  It's a fairly delicate purple pattern.
I cut the shapes on the Cricut from white card stock.
I then embossed them with silver embossing powder.
The sentiment, I did a little differently.
I covered a piece of card stock with Versa Mark ink
and silver embossing powder and heated it.
Once I had that done I used a die to cut out the sentiment.
I arranged all the pieces and glued them on with 
Although this wasn't as I intended it,
I do like how it turned out.
For the 2nd card I decided to go with a Christmas theme.
This one I put together the right way.
The snow flakes were cut on the Cricut,
adhered with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
and covered with clear Wink of Stella.
I added a little bling on the centers of the flakes also.
The vellum opens to reveal this striped card front.
This is a piece I had in my stash that I had made a while 
ago when I was experimenting.
I made it using 
and 
I didn't add a sentiment to this panel yet,
I want to see about fixing my goof on this card first.
I'll show that in a bit.
Lastly the front opens at the top and shows the sentiment 
inside the card.
This sentiment is 
from Eureka Stamps.
I put this card together pretty quickly as I was running out of time.
It's not prefect, far from it, but I wanted to post it anyway.
I don't mind showing my mistakes and sometimes I think
it encourages people to try new things and continue trying
until they like the results.
Now for the goof on this card.
Here you go!  
When I was stamping the sentiment inside
the card, I got red ink on one of the snowflakes as well as
on the vellum.  It came off the vellum pretty well, but not that
flake.  Can't get that snowflake off either, that Quick Dry Adhesive
really sticks!
Oh well, it was a quick card and I wasn't crazy about those
flakes anyway.  
Things don't always turn out the way we want them to,
but sometimes they are fine anyway,
and sometimes we just learn from them.
Now, why don't you hop over to
and see what she has to show you.
I'm sure it's something quite wonderful.
Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you are inspired in some way.
Remember to have fun with whatever you are working on.
Come again soon,
you never know what you'll find on 
Kristie Kreates.

Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
and you may find better prices elsewhere.
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: