My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, October 3, 2016

Give Thanks

Hello all!
Today I have a fun technique to show you and 
a couple cards I made using it
I started by covering a piece of card stock with 
double sided tape.
Here you can see where I have removed the top half of 
the release paper and still have 2 pieces covered.
I had chosen 4 different fall colors and cut strips of
card stock in different widths.
Once I removed all the release papers, I started by laying
down one of the strips on an angle.
I then laid down more of the strips.
I decided to follow a pattern with the colors and 
continued applying the strips until the entire piece of 
card stock was covered.
And at this point, my camera died.
So I will have to explain the rest without pictures,
but I think you'll understand what I did when you look at
the finished cards.
Once the card stock was covered, I turned it over and
trimmed the extras off the edges.
I then used a die to cut out the pumpkin with orange
patterned paper and embossed it with a matching 
embossing folder.
I did the same thing with a piece of green paper,
then I cut the stem and leaf off and glued it to the 
pumpkin.
I also used Distress Inks to add a bit of shading and
highlighting to the pumpkin and the leaf.
Then I used the same die to cut the pumpkin out of the 
center of the striped piece.
I used the same technique with the leaf die.
I used foam tape to adhere the striped panel to the card
base.  I then put glue on the back of the pumpkin and leaf
and glued them to the card bases through the die cut opening
on the striped panel.
Here you can see from the side that the leaf is sitting 
down inside the die cut space.
I stamped the
"Give thanks"
onto a coordinating color with
and fussy cut it and adhered it over the
pumpkin and leaf with foam tape.
The give thanks is part of the 
Give thanks stamp (#34109) from Biblical Impressions
The entire sentiment reads
"Give thanks 
to the Lord"
I masked off the part of the sentiment
that I didn't want and stamped the part I needed.
I love how these 2 cards turned out,
I think they will make great Thanksgiving cards.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you will give this technique a try.
You can use any kind of paper to make the stripes,
plain colors or patterned papers, you'll be surprised
how easy it is and how great it turns out.
Come again soon,
until then have some fun trying something new.

Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
and you may find better prices elsewhere.
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: