My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hello.....

Hello all you crafty people!  Today I have a card that I made last night.  I have been having a tough time with the crafting mojo lately and decided I needed to just sit down and create something.  I ended up making 2 cards and this is one of  them. 
I started with a standard A2 card base.  Then I went to my trusty scrap stash and found this brown paper with light blue stripes.  The light blue section is the opposite side of the brown paper.  I do love double sided paper!
To position the holes on the blue strip, I used a tip I learned from Kristina Werner, I punched some circles with scrap paper, adhered them where I wanted the holes on the blue strip, then positioned my punch right over them and punched out the holes.  Great way to get them in just the right spot.  
I then used ATG tape to layer the blue onto the brown.
I adhered the buttons to the card with a bit of Crystal Accents.
The [Hello] is from a $1.00 acrylic set that I got at one of the craft stores.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how CUTE!!! I love the cut outs for the buttons!!!! Gives a total new level of layer to the eye!!!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU for your awesome comment on my blog!!! I hope you have a very blessed day!!!

kisatrtle said...

that card is very cute. I have lost my crafting mojo lately too. I wanted to do at least 10 scrapbook pages every month this year and so far I haven't made one. Now I don't feel good...guess I'll have to kick it into high gear in February.

Roxie said...

I like the simplicity of this layout and the button trick sound like one I use for random stamping and another great use of scraps!