My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dryer sheets?

Yes!  Dryer sheets! 

Hello there friends!  Today I have a card that I made using a dryer sheet.  My friend Jen sent me a link to a technique using dryer sheets and this is one of the cards I made.

I don't use dryer sheets, so Jen was also nice enough to give me some of her used ones and a couple new ones too. 

After a little experimenting with different stamps, I found this one worked great.
I cut a used dryer sheet down to size and wrapped it around a piece of white card stock, adhering it to the back with ATG Tape.

Then I used my favorite VersaFine ink to stamp the flowers.

The image is from the "In Bloom" set from Scrappy Cat.
I used water color crayons to color the flowers.

Once this was done it was just a matter of layering the card and adding the ribbon and bow.

I do love how this card turned out. 
If you see the card "in person" it has a soft look to it and I love that kind of fabric look/feel that it has.
I will be doing more experimenting with dryer sheets and let you see how they turn out.

Thanks to Jen for giving me this idea!  I'm loving it!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you get some inspiration from my blog and maybe will try something different and out of the box sometime soon.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Tell me what 'different' supplies you use in your crafting.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I love it! And maybe now I will have the courage to try. The card looks awesome, does it smell nice too?

Larelyn said...

Well, can you imagine? I always have dryer sheets around so I'll have to give it a try. Your card looks wonderful.

Beate said...

Lovely dryer sheet card. I love the flower image you chose.
Hugs and smiles

kisatrtle said...

clever

Roxie said...

Nice work with the dryer sheet, I like look of it and lover that flower image.

Rachelle Christensen said...

Dryer sheets! I love it! I want to try this out. Thanks for sharing.