My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Cute as a bug!

Hello out there in blogland! 
Today I have a card that I made for a challenge.  One of my favorite blogger friends, Enfys, on Going Buggy, is having a week long party on  her blog and the first days challenge was to make a card with a bug on it.  I'm showing you the card that I made for that challenge.
Enfys is so generous and is giving a prize to one person in the UK and one outside the UK for this challenge.  (I'm in the US)  She lives in the UK and the US both (depending on the time of year) and has some pretty cool supplies for her give aways.  Stop by her blog and see what she has, not only as prizes, but as inspiration for your next card or project.  She is really quite wonderful!

I started out by cutting a 3 1/2" circle on my Cricut Expressions in red and one also at 3"  I cut a small, 1 1/4" circle for the head, all the spots were cut at 1/4"  The antenna were simply hand cut from a scrap.

After cutting the larger circle in half and gluing the spots on, I attached the 'wings' to the body of the ladybug with brads.  I didn't have any black brads, so I took a couple other ones and colored them with a black permanent marker.  Worked great!
I put the head together and attached it to the body of the ladybug and adhered it to the white base of the card stock. 

For the sentiment I used my Sure Cuts A Lot 2 program and my Expressions to weld and cut the words.  "Cute as a" was cut with the same red card stock as the bug.  I then added the spots with a black Zig marker.  "Bug" was cut out of a scrap of black.
Once my ladybug and sentiment were done, it was simple to layer them with the black and red card stock. 
I wanted to add a little something to the inside, so I spotted some red card stock, adhered it to some white and then into the card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my ladybug card, then hop on over to Going Buggy and see what Enfys has to show you.  You'll probably get hooked on her inspiration and humor too.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Larelyn said...

Adorable card, Kristie. I love ladybugs and also Enfys work - she's is very inspirational.
Have a great weekend.

Thebug415 said...

Love it! I do love ladybugs though.

Enfys said...

This is just fabulous Kristie. I love the way you did the sentiment under the wings. Thank you so much for coming to my party, good luck with this and with all the other giveaways this week
big hugs
En xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Kristie this is one fabby card that bug looks super and I love the wings opening.
Hugs
Lorraine x

kisatrtle said...

that is very cute. I made birthday invites like this one a while ago.