My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

You're Huggable!

Hello crafty friends!  Today I'm showing you a card I made with an adorable image from QKR Stampede.  I stamped this cute little guy onto white card stock and colored him with watercolor pencils, then did a bit of fussy cutting around him. 
I used a heart shaped doily and adhered it to the card with tape runner, then cut the extra away.  I stamped "You're Huggable" onto the doily, this is another QKR Stampede image.  I then used foam tape to add the image to the card.  I used a white gel pen for the dots and dashes around the edge of the card. 
Here is a close up picture of this cute little guy's belly and ears.  It looks like Flower Soft doesn't it?  Well, it isn't. I simply took a styrofoam ball, cut it in half and rubbed the 2 halves together.  This causes it to crumble and it looks a lot like Flower Soft.  Easy peasy! 
I used glue on his belly and ears and then covered it with the crumbles, worked great and at a fraction of the cost of Flower Soft.  I haven't tried coloring it yet, but I have heard that a couple drops of ink, some ink spray or even food coloring works well.  When I try it, I'll let y'all know how it works.

Thanks for stopping by today, leave me a comment if you have any questions or just to let me know what you think of this cute little guy.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh he is just to darn cute! love this little guy on the doily.

Roxie said...

Nice job with the flower soft on this cutie, the sparkle is nice too.