My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Paper Patch Crafts Challenge

Hello friends!  Today I have a Valentine's card to show you. 
I made this card for the challenge for Paper Patch Crafts.  The challenge is to make a Valentine's card with an amphibian or marine life on it. 
I chose this adorable turtle  (In Love #10806)  from QKR Stampede.

I stamped "In Love" onto white card stock with Versa Fine Black Onyx ink and colored it with watercolor crayons.  I then fussy cut the image to be mounted with foam tape onto a purple card base.

The card base was trimmed a bit at the side and edged with a Fiskars border punch.  Lighter purple was added to the edge of the card to give a bit of contrast. 

I embossed the little hearts above the turtles head using a stamp from the
Queen & Company Valentines set and Soft Lilac Embossing Powder from Copper Kate. 

Inside I used the same embossing powder.  The "I Love You" image is from the Autumn Leaves,  Love With a Flourish set.

Lastly, I added a little white bow to the flower bouquet.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my card.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Larelyn said...

so cute, Kristie. I love the border punch and, of course, your adorable image.

kisatrtle said...

Kristie! I love turtles! Can you stamp me a few of these and send them my way to color? I would love that! LMK

TN Granny said...

Your card is precious the turtle is a woot!
Granny at www.blstamper.blogspot.com
Stampin hugs!

Roxie said...

The turtle looks cute with the heart border punch...I haven't used that tool in longer than I can remember.