My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Cards for the Card Drive #7

Hello! 
 I hope you've got all your Christmas cards
done and mailed or ready to go soon.
This is the last post in the
Caring Hearts Card Drive
series.
Today I'm showing you the last card style
I made for the drive.
A few years ago I found a great deal on this
patterned card stock and I love it.
I got it at Tuesday Morning,
25 sheets for something like $2.99.
I love it so much, but I don't use it a lot,
I guess I just don't want to run out of it.
I pulled it out and created this simple card.
I used a couple different colors of mats as well
as card bases.
I thought it needed a little extra pop so I heat embossed
the sentiment with clear embossing powder over the
to give it some shine.
If you haven't made your cards yet and want to,
this is a very simple design to make.
I did them in assembly line style,
cutting all the pieces at once, then stamping and
assembling all the sentiment pieces.
Having everything cut, stamped and ready make it go
very quickly and easily.
You can see I made quite a few of these style.
I ended up with 107 cards.
I had an extra panel and needed to use it, then I 
had an extra card base and had to use that, then there was
an extra mat and on and on.
So my 100 cards turned into 107,
but that's okay, I know they will bring smiles to someone's
face this Christmas season.
And here is what 107 cards all in envelopes looks like.
All packed up and ready to be sent out.
I can't wait to get the cards that I will deliver to 
"my homes"
Vera Yates
heads up this card drive every year.
If you want to be involved, be sure to 
keep an eye here next October for info
or follow Vera's blog
She usually posts the info in October and cards
can be mailed in during the month of November.
This is a huge undertaking,
last year these ladies collected and sent out
over 22,000 cards for delivery to nursing homes.
This year we are all hoping to top that,
they are collected and distributed in 
The USA,Canada, Australia and this year
they added the UK.

Thanks for stopping in to see my cards.
I truly enjoyed making each and every one of them.
Come again soon,
you never know what you might find on 
Kristie Kreates.


Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: