My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Gift Ball

Hello!
Want a fun game for a party?
Here is what we did with my greats at our family
Christmas party
(greats is what I call my great nieces and nephews)
These are some of the things I got together for the 
gift ball.
If you know how to shop, you can get off pretty cheap
for this game.  I am a couponer, so I got the candy
for free in the end.  I bought little things
at the Dollar Tree, packages with multiples work great. 
I also had things around the house that I added to the 
gifts, microwave popcorn, a box of crayons, a box
of markers.
I bought 3 rolls of plastic wrap at the Dollar Tree to
use as wrap for the ball.
With a sharp knife I cut one roll in half, to
give me narrower rolls to wrap with at the beginning.
For the center I had a clear plastic ornament,
the kind in 2 pieces, that I put a couple dollar
bills into.  I started wrapping the plastic wrap around
the ornament and as I went I put in different "prizes"
I wrapped and wrapped and wrapped adding things all
along the way.
You can wrap things close together or as sparingly as you
like.  I ended up using 2 whole rolls of plastic wrap for my 
gift ball.
Here is how it looked when I finished wrapping.
Here's another shot, you can see that I wrapped a box of markers
into the ball.  You can add whatever sized items that you have,
just keep going around the ball until it's covered.

At the party, we only had 5 of my greats there and they
ranged in age from 5 to 14.
They sat in a circle on the floor and as one person 
unwrapped as fast as they could, the person to their right 
rolled a die until they got a 6.
Then the ball and the die were passed to the right and
it went on until it was unwrapped.
The kids were great and had a ball playing this game.
After they were finished, they had fun trading
gifts.  The boys traded the nail polish with 
the girls for candy etc.
We'll be doing it again next year,
I'll be looking for little things all year that
I can find on sale or clearance to put into the ball.

A friend of my son's brought a gift ball to their 
Christmas party, they played that you had to get doubles
on a pair of dice and they had wrapped it tighter with pieces of 
plastic wrap, so a new end would have to be found when one
ran out.  He said they had a lot of fun with it too.

All in all, this made for a very fun party, everyone loved it.
The greats had a blast playing it and the adults loved watching 
and cheering them on.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll try this gift ball idea at a party some time.
I only spent about $10 on the items for mine,
you can spend whatever you like, it's fun no matter what's in 
the ball.
Hope to see you soon!

No comments: