My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Jars for Greats

Good day friends!
If you've been following me for a while,
you probably know that I have a 92 yr old Mom
who is living in an assisted living center.
She is on a tight budget, but still wants to give
Christmas gifts.  So I find something every year
so she can do that.
Last year, after Christmas, I found Mason jar drink
mugs on clearance for a very cheap price.
Of course I picked up a whole bunch of them.
This Christmas she gave all the great grandchildren
personalized mugs.
Here they are in family groups.
I found a font that I felt went with each
great's personality.
And where I knew favorite colors, I tried to match
them up.
Don't think I always got the favorite color right,
but I tried and I don't think they cared.
These 2 aren't  brother and sister, but are both only children
so I put them together for the picture.
Here they all are together.
I also had Christmas ornaments that I had picked up
at a very reasonable price.
Each mug had an ornament hanging from the straw.

I think the greats loved their gifts.
With a little forethought and planning, you can
work with a small budget.
With purchasing on clearance way ahead of time,
these gifts ended up costing less than $1.00 each.
Pretty good deal, if I say so myself.
And, by the way, all the vinyl I used for the names,
were scraps, so that was even a bargain.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you've been inspired in some way.
Maybe to check out that clearance rack and
think ahead to what you need for the future.

Until next time,
think outside the box!

No comments: