My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Scarf set for Marie

Hi blog fans!
Today I have a little different project to show you.
My granddaughter celebrated her first birthday on
November 14th and I wanted to knit something for her.
I decided on a hat, scarf and mitten set.
This is what I started with.
I saw this big spool of coordinating yarn at the 
store, it happened to be on sale and I thought it
would be perfect for this project.
I'm sorry I can't link you to any patterns,
because I just flew by the seat of my pants
for these pieces.
I looked at a few patterns for hats and mittens
then made up my pattern as I went.  
They were all actually very easy to make,
my only problem was knowing what size to make
them.  I did get an estimate from a couple patterns
I found online and guesstimated as I went.
I did pretty well, the only thing is that the mittens
are a little long, but that's okay, they will stay in the sleeves
of her jacket better this way.
Here are a couple pictures of Marie in her scarf set.



I'm glad you stopped in today and I hope 
you enjoyed my post and will come again soon.
Until then,
try something different!







 

No comments: