My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Sara's Birthday Card

Good Day!
My daughter in law, Sara, just celebrated her birthday.
Today I'm showing you the card I made for her.
This card had quite the evolution.
I started by finding a purple background in
my stash, as her favorite color is purple.
At that point I had no idea what I was going to
do with it.  Then I decided that I wanted to emboss
a piece of acrylic and see what I could come up with.
I used an embossing folder with tiny hearts on it.
I can't find a link to this particular folder, but there
are several varieties of this online.
I had a bit of vellum with music on it and
added that to the background.
I then used scotch tape to hold the background
and acrylic together, then had to figure out how to cover
that tape up.  I scored a piece of card stock and folded
it over the top to cover the tape and make it into an 
actual card.  This worked out great for a unique card.
I cut the words out of a scrap from the same background
piece, using my 
 and adhered them to the acrylic piece with
The last thing I did was add some of that 
glue behind the letters so the acrylic would 
adhere to the background, this worked perfectly.
Sara loved the card and how unique it is.
I was pretty happy with it myself.
Sometimes flying by the seat of my pants works
out great.
I'm so thankful to have a wonderful daughter in law
like Sara!

Thanks for stopping for a visit today,
come again soon.
Until then,
fly by the seat of your pants and see what
you can create.






Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: