My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, November 6, 2020

Thanksgiving Card

November is upon us.
For me November is special for a couple reasons.
My birthday is in November and it's the month
where I concentrate on things I'm thankful for.
Today's project is a card that I will be sending to 
my Aunt Marilyn.  Aunt Marilyn was my Mom's 
best friend for almost 90 years.  She lives in a nursing home
in Charlotte, NC and is now 97 yrs old.  She is one of the
sweetest ladies you'd ever meet.
This card started out as a Halloween card,
I sketched the pumpkin, then decided to cut it out
into pieces, and layered it onto the patterned paper.
The leaves at the top and the stem are cut out from a
patterned paper that is all leaves and flowers.
I thought it looked more like a Thanksgiving card
than a Halloween card, and will be perfect to send to her.
I am so thankful that I have had Aunt Marilyn in my life
and that she can still be part of my life.
I haven't been able to see her, because of Covid,
but I've talked to her and she is doing well.
She did test positive for Covid earlier in the year,
but luckily she didn't have any symptoms.
She's one strong lady!
Do you have someone special, like this, in your life?

Here's a picture of my sweet Aunt Marilyn,
this was taken at the beginning of Covid when
the nursing home had just closed to visitors.
They set up a photo booth and put a sign next
to her that said I miss you and sent me this beautiful
picture.  Doesn't look 97 yrs old, does she?

Thanks for stopping by today and spending a little time
here.  I hope your come again soon,
until then,
let someone know you're thankful for them.


 

No comments: