My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Leaves

Hello blog friends!
Today I'm showing you a card made with one of my favorite
QKR Stampede images.
"Leaf" (#3901) was one of the first stamps I got from QKR and it has remained one of my favorites.
I stamped the image onto white card stock with VersaMark ink
then embossed them with white embossing powder.
I used Distress inks to color the leaves, then fussy cut them.
The green diamond design was done by positioning a piece of acrylic, inking with Distress ink, moving the acrylic, inking again and so on until I had covered the entire sheet.
It was then cut to size for the card.
The base card is also white card stock and I inked the edges of it also.

Here is a close up of the leaves so you can see the detail a bit better.
The white ribbon is from May Arts Ribbon 
and the button is one from my stash, as is the embroidery floss.
 
I hope you like my card and may be inspired to try some embossing, some inking or maybe just some stamping.
Be sure to hop over to the QKR Stampede store and see all the fabulous image they have to offer in red rubber or digital format.
Also check out the QKR Stampede Blog and see the challenge going on there.  We have a new challenge every week, so pop in and check it out and also see what wonderful things the design team has to show you.
 
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Kristie this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Thursday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Roxie said...

Wonderful fall card, the embossing looks great along with the plaid and choice of colors.