My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Oh Christmas Tree!

Hi everyone!
Do you have your Christmas tree up and decorated?
We just go ours up and it looks beautiful.
Let me tell you about this sad tree below.
My daughter doesn't have room for a full sized
tree in her flat and she loves anything in miniature size.
My son and his girlfriend decided that she definitely
 needs a Christmas tree 
We had this little tree in our attic.
My husband thinks it is adorable,
I, on the other hand, think it is pretty sad.
Sara, my son's girlfriend, says every tree deserves
to be decorated, so they took it for Kelsie.
A few days later, Sara told me that the tree was shaping up,
but it needed something for the top of it.
I was going to make a star for them,
but happened upon this one at 70% off.
So for something like $.52 they had a topper.
I needed to make it shine though.
The first thing was to put a hole in the bottom, 
so they could put it on the top of the tree.
This also gave me a way to hold it while working on it.
I gave it a good coat of Mod Podge.
Then covered it with gold glitter.
Ohhhhhh, look at that sparkle.
But it still needed a finishing coat,
so the glitter wouldn't fall off all over everywhere.
I only had dishwasher safe Mod Podge that was 
glossy, so I used that to coat the entire star.
Propping it in an empty can while it dries is
a lot easier than trying to hold it all that time!
And it turned out bright and shiny.
Here are a couple pictures of the final tree.
With some loving care, some bending of 
branches, adding of a bit of greenery,
putting some glittery stuff in there, beads and a few ornament,
it turned our great.
And the star was perfect for the little tree.
They were so excited to give her the tree, that they
left my house after putting the star on and took it 
right over to Kelsie.
They gave her some mini ornaments to add where she wanted
them to be.
I have a small strand of lights to give her to add also.
She wants to light it up and put it right in her window.
I think it turned out adorable.
See what a little love can do for a sad little tree?

Thanks for stopping by today.
Stop again soon,
you never know what you'll find on
Kristie Kreates.

No comments: