My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Wine Glass Candle Holders

Hello!  I hope y'all had a wonderful holiday!
Today I want to share with you the 
wine glass candle holders
that we made.
My son's girlfriend, Sara, wanted to make some,
so we did them together.
I made the templates on my Silhouette Cameo.
For the Grinch, I traced a picture and made a 
few adjustments.
For this snowman, I created the elements 
of his face myself in the Designer Edition software.
I created the template for the penguin also.
We used Mod Podge and glitter to make these, 
removing different parts of the template and using 
different colors of glitter.
After they were all glittered, we coated them with 
a clear spray coating so the glitter wouldn't come off.
We could have also used glossy Mod Podge, but I was out of
the glossy.  Didn't realize what I had was matte until I had 
covered one with it.
Sure glad I didn't coat them all at one time.
I used tea lights for the candle on top of the holder,
to dress them up a little bit, I wound some black ribbon 
around them and attached it with ATG tape.
I love how they turned out and Sara is happy with hers too.
Sara made a Grinch with a "fatter" glass,
a couple penguins
And these little ghosty guys for her sister who
doesn't like traditional decorations and is 
very 'goth' in her style.
I created these templates also.
I think the candle holders were a big success.

Thanks for stopping by today, come again soon,
I have a lot to show you and you never know
what you'll see on 
Kristie Kreates.



No comments: