My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, December 21, 2015

Sara's Stocking

Hello crafty friends.
Today I'm going to show you the Christmas stocking
I made for my son's girlfriend.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the sweater
I was making it from before I cut it.
So here it is put back together.
Sometimes I just forget to take the appropriate pictures.
I also need to clarify that this sweater is not dirty like it looks 
in this picture, I assure you it's clean, but when I looked at the
pictures, it sure looks awful.  Sorry about that.
I had seen the idea of making a stocking from a sweater
and was lucky to find one at the Goodwill Store with the 
half price colored tag on it.
I used the stockings that I made years ago for the family
as my pattern and cut the stocking out with the bottom
ribbing on the sweater to be the top of the stocking.
I also picked up some cream colored cotton fabric to use
as a lining. I felt that it needed the stability of the cotton
lining.  I would think that the stocking would stretch out and
sag once it was filled, without that lining.
I cut out all 4 pieces and sewed them together.
Easy peasy!
Here's a look at the lining inside the stocking.
I turned the lining inside and stitched around the top of it.
I also cut a strip and sewed on a loop to hang the stocking.
Here is the finished stocking.
And a close up to show the beautiful 
cable stitching.
I think she'll love this stocking!
And these are the left overs.
The plan is to make a pair of 
with the sleeves.
Sara has very small hands so this
should work out fine.
I hope you have been inspired in some way today,
thanks for stopping.
I love upcycling and think this was a great way
to reuse a sweater.
See you again soon.

No comments: